Thursday 6 June 2013

The Month Of Rock ( and roll, I guess)

So, after the pop-tastic surprise ending of May with the Chime for Change concert, June sees my return to the world of big stadium rock and roll! Glory freakin' hallelujah!

So, we first stop of in Wales at the Cardiff City Stadium (NOT the Millennium Stadium as I found out yesterday) for Bon Jovi. No, Bon may get a 'bad rap' sometimes (and with the majority of their new material its not hard to see why) but lets get one thing straight: They put on an incredible concert. They literally get EVERYONE rocking out (thankfully their members stay in). I last saw them live when they did about 20 dates at the 02 (to take some of the dates booked by Jacko). However, it was not as good as when I saw them in Twickenham in '08. Hands down one of the best gigs I've ever been too.
I'm extremely excited about this one. It should be good (despite it being on a weekday...what's that about!?)

Then, just three days later on the 15th of June, The Boss is taking class at Wembley Stadium. This (I think) is the first time he's playing Wembley since 1988 (he's obviously played the Arena, but who cares about that?) There are strong rumours going around now (based on his other European shows he's been doing lately) that he'll perform Born In The USA in full. I won't be particularly thrilled if he does as I've heard the majority of the album live already. But, I've not experienced a full album play through live before, so that'll be an experience. Plus, it's the freakin' Boss! I'm just thankful I get to see him live again.

Once The Boss has finished doing his thing in Wembley, we fast forward to June 28th in Paris. Drew and I are taking my mom and her bestie to Paris for their Christmas present (for last year) and while there, who happens to be playing in the 29th?Why The Boss again! It isn't really a coincidence. I've been promising my mom that I'll take her to see Bruce again (she came with me to my first Springsteen gig at Wembley Arena when he was doing the sessions tour). I would have taken her with me to all the other's but she can't do the standing for hours on end and I always end up standing. So, we've got seats for this one (fairly good ones I think.) It was Drew's idea to take her to Paris. They are both extremely excited (my mom and her bestie). Drew and I have been to Paris before so I'm just really looking forward to Bruce in Paris!

An that rounds up the month of June for me. I can't see me going to any other concerts this year (mainly because I won't be able to afford food for the rest of the year let alone more gigs!)...saying that, Belle and Sebastian are playing at Bestival on The Isle Of Wight in September, Drew might REALLY like to go to that one...shit.

2 comments: